Saturday, July 19, 2014

Reflections from the airport

Greetings from Atlanta International Airport!
In a couple of hours we will be boarding our flight back home to Boston. After a long van ride from Jackson to Atlanta last night we are all tired and looking forward to a good night sleep in our own beds. Although the van ride was long and tiring I thought of It as a huge blessing. These long hours in the car gave me time to reflect on the amazing week I had. Looking back a little over a week ago I remember myself sitting in the same terminal I am in right now with the whole trip ahead of me. I really wasn’t sure what to expect, but one thing I do know now is that what I did expect is not what happened on the trip.
A week ago I was thinking I was going into Jackson to help the needs of the citizens there. But now I know that was not the case. I mean yes I cleaned yards and painted and helped out at the VBS, but these small tasks I did for the city and people of Jackson are nothing compared to what Jackson did for me. Throughout the trip I met some very inspirational people. One person that really stood out to me was Amy Lancaster, one of the founders of “We Will Go Ministries”. Amy showed patience that outweighed anyone I’ve ever witnessed. Her love of Christ was inspirational and her lessons were very thought provoking and answered many questions I have always had. One of the big points she made was “God Provides” if you put your trust in God he will provide. This lesson stuck with me and I know that whatever the situation is if I trust in God he will provide. I may not know quite how, but God works in mysterious ways. Seeing this idea work in her life really encourages me to always trust and keep faith in God because I know he will provide. Also I’d just like to thank all of you for your donations and prayers that enabled me to take this life changing trip.

-Casey Reale

No comments:

Post a Comment