Saturday, July 19, 2014

One more reflection from the airport

Hi, OSLC senders!
I first want to thank everyone who has supported our trip with prayer, finances, and messages of encouragement. I feel very blessed to have been able to serve in Jackson, MS now for my fifth year, so I thought it would be appropriate to share some of the many blessings I received on this specific trip, my first as a leader.
·      - I was blessed to see such spiritual growth throughout the week in our church’s youth. Each one of our students prayed often from the heart without hesitancy, and were able to see different ways that the Gospel can be proclaimed in a much different culture.
·        - I was blessed by challenging sermons/talks from a variety of people. Specific themes stuck out to me from these talks that permeated through the trip: leaving the ninety-nine to save the one; helping people out of poverty is important, but saving souls is eternally more important; we do not need to get on a plane and travel to be missionaries, but we should be missionaries every day of our life.
·        - I was blessed to be able to connect with the teenagers at VBS. This was my first trip to Jackson where I worked specifically with teenagers and it was a much more fulfilling experience than I could have imagined.
·       - I was blessed to be able to meet and hear from two influential Civil Rights leaders. Hearing from John Perkins and CJ Jones, two Godly men who marched with MLK, was an amazing experience. Both men encouraged us that our generation will continue to pursue justice for all, through the power of the Gospel.

I ask that you pray with me that God will nurture the many seeds that were planted this week in the citizens of Jackson, the children and teenagers that come in contact with Voice of Calvary Ministries and We Will Go, and the youth of OSLC. 

Thank you again for your support,

Joel Trunfio

No comments:

Post a Comment